Monday, January 27, 2014

A Handwritten letter to Spain ...

Mis Padres Amorosos ~
!Hola! Como estan, Mamacita y Papacito? Wow, I apologize that this is only the second letter I’ve written you ... I have a long list of people to write back - mostly from Christmas cards & packages. But today I received a DearElder from Mama and decided I’d rather write my biggest fans. Also last week, I got chewed out for bad emails, so I’ve gotta redeem myself. I really do want you to know what’s happening from the sunshine state, I just get all stressed during email time. I’m now going to write President and then write the other President (& wife :)) & then if I have time after I’ll get to the others. Anyway, I wanna tell you more about my life here! I’ve been in good ol’ Semoran for about 2 weeks now & I’m beginning to feel stress levels drop - so nice. Don’t get all worried that I’m a stress ball, cause I’m really not. Just coming to a new area that’s different from my last one has been kind of weird. I’m the sr. Companon & feel a need to take the load & go, go, go haha but good thing for Sister Gruber, she helps me tons & it really doesn’t matter who the “sr. comp.” is. I guess I just felt the need to “rise up” & do everything @ once. This is sounding drastic ... Maybe a lil exaggerated, haha. I don’t know how to explain it in writing, I suppose. LUCKILY the spanish has begun to flow & click some more recently & the confidence is up some more - not that I lack a ton, haha! Heaven, I just don’t want you to think I’m having a hard time or anything. My comp., Sister Gruber is lots of fun to be with & totally awesome to work with cause she’s always ready for anything. She’s down to eat healthy food, run with me in the morn & even laughing when I think I’m funny. This area isn’t the prettiest of ares, but we scored the lovely lake view from our apartment, so I guess it all works out haha. Imma be completely honest in saying the area is slightly ghetto, but we’re totally safe, no need to fret. It’s been hard to pick up investigators for some reason, but we’re trying to switch things up & work hard to find those God is preparing! I feel like we’re on the verge of exploding with some success, but even if we don’t that’s totally fine, because we’re building a foundation. If anything, we’re preparing the area & leaving it better than we found it for the next sisters. The ward ... wait, Branch, haha, is great & I’ve enjoyed getting to know them.  We don’t have a lot of members in our area, a majority is on the Elder’s side. We have tons of less-actives though. Oh, get this, our branch President played Jehovah in the temple video (new one) - side note, I heard this week there is a new, new one...? Way cool! Papa, you might know him, actually. His last name is Tait & he lived in Provo ... Not sure why that would mean you know him, but it’s worth a shot since you know so many people. I’m still in the Orlando South Zone & so so glad for it! We have the temple & the Windermere Chapel, where tons of things happen. Elder Perry is coming this week & I think our Zone is the only one that gets to be there for it! I’ll be on a spiritual HIGH after just one week prior hearing from Elder Nelson. This Wednesday we receive training on how to use the ipads ... What? I thought I’d be avoiding technology like the plague on the mish, but it’s quite the opposite, haha. Yikes. I’m way excited to be able to show videos on them & everything. The big downer is that I will no longer have my planners ... :( I love my planners! They are like journals. Oh, well, you win some you lose some. Facebook is comin’ along. It’s been a bit of a struggle since we don’t have investigators & to be honest, everyone’s trying to figure out all the lil’ bugs ^ such, but I really do like it! It’s been good for members & less-actives. It’s fun to post in spanish so I can be better @ writing in it. Oh, I keep hearing about the Larsons & the Grovers! And Stephanie Gonzalez. They’re close & yet so far. K, now I wanna respond to Mama’s dearelder. Papa, I’m really sad I haven’t had time to read your emails the last 2 weeks ... We are going to the library & it costs $ to print. Holy cow dad, how do you find time to take all those darn exams? That sounds exhausting, I’ll pray for you! Mom, I’m so glad you’re going out with the sisters!!! How’s the spanish? Pff haha I’ve been teaching lessons in spanish in my sleep, apparently. I remember one with Sister Allred pretty well. I said the opening prayer & bore testimony of fasting, haha. It was so real, maybe we should have counted it as an other lesson :) haha. You went shopping with the sisters the other day!!! Wow, I’m not even gonna lie,i’m totally jealous! That sounds like a BLAST. I’ll have to offer something of the sort to Sister Berry! I’m honestly obsessed with the Berrys! Man, they’re the cutest. Sister Berry’s a hoot. Her father is on his way out right now, & I can tell it’s super hard on her. She cried the other day talking to us about it. Anyway, they’re the greatest. I’m sure your missionaries say the same about you!! I’m constantly amazed @ the things you do for them - the names of Christ @ Christmas, the breakfast, snack & lunch for Leadership Council. I’m so proud of you both & miss you oodles! But know that Hermana Jackson is the happiest lil miss in Florida! Thank you for always emailing & sending pictures & everything!! I sure appreciate all the love :>
Love you!
Con demasiado amor,
Hermana Meggie Jackson

PS Papa, I’m writing this on our lil “patio” like @ home, haha. I know you get a kick out of that. I come out here to read when we have a few spare minutes after dinner. :) All I’m missing are mountains & Millhouse. But the lake definitely suffices!

No comments:

Post a Comment