Thursday, November 7, 2013

Letter from Hermana Child

This is a note received on Facebook from Hermana Child, who was Megan's teacher in the MTC in Mexico. Megan absolutely loved Hermana Child. This is a letter any parent is thrilled to receive!

Hola Sister Jackson!

I saw a picture of Megan Jackson & Sydnee Wilson together on my Facebook page linked to you, and I sure hope you are Hermana Jackson's mother. I had the privilege of being her MTC teacher! And what an incredible missionary she is!

During the six weeks that we were together in Mexico, I was able to witness one of the most beautiful transformations I have ever seen in a district. Your daughter in particular showed a great desire to seek out and follow the impressions of the Spirit. And, over time, fine-tuned her ability to discern what the Spirit would have her understand, say, do and be. Her fun, lively spirit that emits so much love only became brighter as she began to understand more of her Savior and how to be a worthy representative of Him. As she would put it, she's learning how to not only dedicate her might and strength, but also her heart and mind!

Her lessons and role-plays in class showed a deep understanding of what conversion is, and I know that reflects a life-time of living and becoming like our Savior. So, thank you for raising your daughter in the light of the gospel and instilling in her a character worthy of representing Christ. I know that she is and will continue to be a great strength in building Zion! I will forever love your daughter and treasure the experiences we had together. I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for the opportunity I have to teach these incredible missionaries! 

I hope the work in Spain is progressing and that you continually receive strength and happiness from above! Missionary blessings are the best.

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Kelli Child

No comments:

Post a Comment