Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Feelin' grateful here in the 407

Hello hello my family! How's it goin?! This week will be quick so i apologize in advance.. First of all, how are the Runia's? I pray for them all the time and hope they're doing well. Well, I find myself in Orlando this Thanksgiving and what a treat it is!! I'm so grateful for this unreal opportunity to be a part of the Lord's work and to share it with everyone I see! I'm realizing lots lately how cool it is that I get to meet such a variety of people. I'm grateful for the leaders here in the mission! We have the best district leader and feel so lucky to learn from him- sadly, he leaves in a week. Also, I'm grateful for my companion and for all that she does for me! I've learned tons being with Hermana Allred and really really hope I can stay with her for the next transfer. I'm grateful for the Berrys!! They work so hard and make us feel so special- I love them. I'm so grateful to have such wonderful support and love from home!! It's truly a blessing to hear from you every week and to know how many prayers are being said for me. I feel them and I need them haha. I'm so glad you're all safe and happy. And finally, I'm grateful for my savior, Jesus Christ. How amazing is it that I get to indulge in the scriptures and preach my gospel every day learning more about my savior and older brother?! Also, how cool is it that I'm set apart as a representative of Him?! I also get to bring his truth to all those i come in contact with. i get to just bear my testimony all the time and give people the most precious gift they could ever receive. Ok now I'll tell you about our week since it was a fantastic one :) we put into practice the things we learned in district meeting about weekly planning and daily planning and I truly believe that's what made our week the best. Planning is such a huge part of the work! Our numbers just about doubled from the week before- which isn't the focus, but definitely matters. We're teaching a part-member family this week that the dad is addicted to smoking and wants so badly to quit so he can get baptized and married in the temple. Our lesson with them was really directed by the spirit and we were all almost crying (exception:his wife) by the end. We all fasted yesterday and he and his son came to church for the first time in a long time!! By the way, he works on NBA player's cars and currently is tight with LeBron James. Saturday night we attended an english baptism for some other missionaries and Elaudio (has a batismal date for next week) and his wife came and LOVED it. He was trying to invite all the other missionaries to come to his haha. Lately he has the biggest smile all the time. Yesterday they came to church and when they announced his baptism, he proudly stood up without being asked. It's the grreatest thing! K I'm so sorry, but I really don't have time. I love you all so much and I'm so grateful for you! Have the best week ever!

Con Amor, Hermana Stinky Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment