Monday, January 19, 2015

God really does answer our questions.

Lil hitch in the giddy up this last week.. Jimmy isn't doing so well. He seems to be getting worse some days and kinda steady on others.. He isn't able to breathe too well. He needs to get some stents in his heart, we think this week. So he wasn't baptized is last week. We have amazing members providing lots of support and love, so the biggest concern is his health.. Physically. Alma has been MiA for a while, but finally got in touch with us again. Tried to meet with John this morning for a pass off lesson with the elders but he never showed up. GUESS who just rode by on his bike before we started!! HAHA SIIIIMON! The one with Alpha and Omega on his eyelids and a nice gold grill. We had a wonderful chat with him and are going to meet on Wednesday! What a miracle. Thank you for all the prayers! Keep it up. We're hoping he will ask for a priesthood blessing cause we have told him several times about it, but now it's just up to him. Hard when you know something is really good for someone but they won't accept it..
I've been praying for the past 2 weeks or so knowing that my letter from President was on its way to plan my future. In doing so I have had some amazing experiences! I'm blown away at the power of prayer combined with scripture study. I'm also gaining a greater understanding of my patriarchal blessing!! wow, that thing is surely inspired. I was printed to share something with a returning member this last week and it was cool how that brought up one of her big concerns. I also got to go to the temple this week and there just ain't words to describe my feelings!! All I can say is that God really does answer our questions. I may not be able to see my future very well, it's kinda foggy, but he's giving me enough to see the step right ahead (see Patterns of Light: Discernment video on gospel library).
I have had the best exchanges this transfer! Ok, they're all amazing, but this last Tuesday I went with a sister from none other than PROVO and we had a blast. She's been out about 2 transfers and she taught me tons! She made me laugh so hard but at the same time she was so filled with the spirit. We met with an investigator named Maureen. Sister Conger and I met her at the photo printing place at Walmart on a pday and now we've taught her twice. When we went over she was super nice but kinda sounding like she wasn't sure she wanted to keep learning more. We shared a complete different message than what we had anticipated but that's what made it so amazing is that it was surely led by the spirit. It was powerful! She said the kneeling prayer and was kinda crying at the end. We mentioned that she looked a little overwhelmed and she said she was only because she hadn't had a relationship with God for so long and that she is excited. She called us the other day when we were supposed to meet Ne had to cancel because now she's sick too! She said, "I also haven't gotten the time that I would like to to read, ponder and pray about the Book of Mormon". 
We've gotten to see Amber this week for studies in The Book of Mormon and she's doing great! Still needs more of a desire, but we notice that she's so much happier and notices good things in life when she reads. She said she would come to church this week and unfortunately didn't make it due to a late night up. Still working with her and trying to follow the spirit. We need to set another baptismal date.
We finally got to see Herb again! He's doing alright. We have a big focus on The Book of Mormon with him too. He still has questions about the trinity and we think it's more that he's frustrated that that is what he has been told his whole life. He seems to understand the godhead pretty well, but maybe isn't accepting it yet if that makes sense. He prays very sincerely though so that's the best we could hope for! 
Mm today is such a nice day :) sounds like y'all got snow in España and that Utahs pretty stinkin cold too.. Sorry y'all, but it's nice n warm with the perfect breeze 😊 
Not too much more that I can think of this week.. I wish I could send pictures but it being a holiday, the 'brary's closed. Next week though.
Please try and go to the temple often! How I've missed it! It's incredible how close you feel to the Lord and thus receiving revelation with clarity👌 I'm also so grateful for the simple and powerful resources I know are available to me (don't have to be at the temple to be guided) to help me be happy and I LOVE more than anything getting to share it with others here in Belleview!! I love you all!!! Have a wonderful week 💋

💌Hermanita Jackson II



No comments:

Post a Comment