Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Blaaaa!

Ok so first off, I'm SO SO sorry for not writing yall the past two weeks... Just tell everyone to stop gettin engaged and then maybe I'll have some time to tell yuh haha. Nah, I'm so happy to hear about all these happy events!! Shout out to miss Meggie Boshard, now Mowler(?) something of the sort.. for getting MARRIED this last week!! Nuts, i tell you haha.
The Lord has been showering blessings here in Belleview! WE're still working with the lil spanish family. Antonia is the mom and the sweetest thing. She's progressing so well, made it to conference, asking good questions and fasted yesterday at church! We haven't set dates with them yet but it's not for a lack of effort. Sayde is the 15 yo daughter and so mature and sweet too! She's been going to mutual, she started out not knowing if there was a God, she just understands things and is also progressing really well. Celeste is 9 and doesn't necessarily understand everything haha she's quiet, but funny when she does talk. She's moving right along with them. The dad on the other hand isn't antagonistic but isn't too excited to jump in.. We have an FHE set up tonight at a member's house and we're way excited. I get to teach Antonia in spanish :) wooo! But it's hard not having a second witness and we're trying to balance it out. I can translate but sometimes it takes away from the lesson and such, so that's being worked out. We're trying to get members who speak spanish to all the lessons.Saturday we invited them to fast about baptism. They came to church (the girls) fasting, we had 2 YW bear testimony and they were PERFECT! One of them spoke of her baptism and how that helps her make good decisions. Yeah, unreal. Testimony meeting yesterday was one of the best ones I've been to!! Each testimony was simple and rich with doctrine. And then in gospel principles we talked about baptism. Oh, fun fact, I translated sacrament meeting my first week here! It was a good experience, but definitely stressful. 
Walter and Carol are the cutest oldie couple that we've been teaching since before I got here! Carol's pretty quiet and just agrees with her husband most of the time, but then when you ask her, she's definitely following along and seeking answers. haha. Heck, we asked her about baptism and she said, "I'm ready, I'm just waiting for Walter!" then when we asked her to pray and ask if the BoM is true she said, "Oh, I don't need to, I know it's true!". Walter is a talker and he's very strong willed!! Like he yells at us a bit haha but its all good, we're just lucky to have THE COOLEST and most helpful members! mm, hallelujah. I actually had a lesson with them 2 weeks ago on exchanges and we are trying not to push the baptismal date with him cause he's super sensitive about not wanting to be pushed and I was prompted to share the timeline we made for them. Before even explaining it (and i had prefaced it with lots of love and concern) he kinda flipped out at me haha but our member saved it and then Walter kinda set his own date, so that was way cool! He came to priesthood and soaked it all up, she came to the women's broadcast and loved it even though it was a tad late for her. They watched conference all day Sunday (at the house unfortunately) but it really made a difference in Walter. He said he felt something and talked about how special it was when President Monson spoke! So the sad part now is that we just found out that there's something holding him back from baptism for a few years, therefor Carol won't do it without him, but we'll see what can be done.
We met a cool lady the other day after having contacted a media referral accross the street. Her name is Diane. We briefly taught her and sister Conger went back to see her on exchanges on Fri. She called on Saturday morning and said, "I need to set a time for yall to come back, that was fenomenal!" I'm running out of time, but I love you all and thanks for all the prayers cause we're seriously seeing blessings all over!
Hermana Jackson
flat tire on the way to MLC... hahaha good  thing it was in front of donut king! 
da souf
Our MLC practicing our song for the mission christmas devotional haha. WOAH.
I'll be singing once with MLC, once with the spanish crew and once with the PORTUGUESE crew haha. 
her concert :) this was last Monday. The first thing she said to us was, "I keep getting more excited (for her baptism) as I read the Book of Mormon!" 
The next youngest person in there was prolly in their 60s 
the Burmese fam :)


Sister Denise Brown :) mmm, I just love her! 

truly I'm da grinch haha 

heh.. MERRY CHRISTMAS! Denise allowed us to wear her Christmasy sweaters and BEST  of all her GRINCH shirt!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment