Monday, August 4, 2014

The Continued Adventures of Hermanita Jackson

Pfff hahaha it's been a WEEK! I've got oodles to report on so buckle down while this flies all ova the place..
Last Monday was district Pday and we played some fun games at the chapel, one of them being chair soccer haha. First off, I've never laughed so hard in my life- my throat hurt the rest of the day haha. Second off, I was literally fiiine all day and then that night my foot started hurting like it was a lil tweaked. To the point where I was hobblin around. We had exchanges that night and I got in touch with ma roots with my Danish friend Sister Kreiberg!!!! Within 1 minute of me talking about Mama's cousin Serita, we were flipping out cause she knows her! small world, eh? Then we got an unexpected call from el jefe. He was slightly confused when I answered as Sisters Jackson and Kreiberg.. Member how I said there aren't any spanish STL's? That's about to change! Not gonna lie, it's pretty crazy and slightly scary haha, but what an honor! I'm excited for the growth that will take place and to really learn how to serve and love. Attending MLC last week was like being a freshman entering college again haha. But that's the coolest meeting I've prolly ever been to. There were things said that were definitely for me. It was actually super fun too. Hermana Fisi is going to be one as well! But we'll be english/spanish sisters. I'm guessing I'll be here in Hunter's Creek (Lake Nona area) with my Danish friend! We'll see. Anway, what a night that was on Monday. I couldn't sleep due to my foot and my mind runnin' all over the place, but guess what happened! I woke up without any signs of pain in my foot! Prayers. Are. Answered. It was way cool. We had a fabulous day together and she clued me in to some tips haha. 
So last week I never talked about the Grovers! How cool are they!? It was such a treat to be with them and they brought us 1. home made cookies that I had been craving. And 2. MUSIC! Tell Hermana Grover how awesome her parents are for me!
We gave service to Louise (the one we cleaned her house and have been walking with every other morn) and she offered us money at the end. We both refused and just told her we loved her. She buried her face in a big hug and cried. ahh, I love being a missionary!!!
We were visiting some referrals and such the other day when randomly  person nearby that sounded cool popped up on the record. We called  him and he said to come over right then! He's so prepared and so excited to read the BOM! We've seen so many miracles this week by contacting EVERYONE! haha lets just say, the comfort zone is expanding big time :) We have a blast contacting everyone and are finding some golden people. 
Melvin. He's SO ready! We found him 2 Saturdays ago out on his driveway and we invited him to church. He hasn't come to church, but we were able to see him 4 times this week!! He keeps inviting us back and asking if we can read in the BOM! He's from Puerto Rico and has a sick beard that's braided, like 6 in. and has beads on the end. Super hard spanish, but what a gem! He's progressing really well, besides coming to church... and we're hoping to set a date this week. My dream came true the other day when we gave service at a school as a steak and I got a HELPING HANDS SHIRT!!! haha Melvin actually wanted to come to that, but didn't wake up till late, unfortunately. Oh man, the humidity hit us pretty hard this week haha! woooo. It's all part of the experience and I totally accept it :)
 We went to Wild Life Florida this morn and had a blast holding animals and such. A memebr owns it so we got a private tour. Anyway, I wanna end this with telling you how truly happy I am to be here! What a blessing to share this joyous message with EVERYONE. Please try and step out of the comfort zone this week and share your testimony with someone (or everyone haha)! We had a member just tell us a cool story of him at work sharing a BOM with a couple and then hadn't heard from them for several weeks. He found a reason to call them and it turns out they lost his number and were hoping he would call because they were meeting with the missionaries and going to be baptized! Stepping out of the comfort zone=stepping into the miracle zone. Lemme know how it goes! I hope y'all are happy and healthy.Les amo.

Hermana Jackson



Lulu took a swing at my face. Luckily I dodged it haha. 

lil rascals try'na get me through the fence

We pet the porky and he licked our hands! 
Matchin. 

Its really real!



Walkin with Louise this morning. We do an arm workout with canned beans haha. 
Louise's tupperware sale that we helped her set up :)
This is Marcus. Sister Brooks and I found him 2 months ago and he's getting baptized this Saturday!!
Best contact ever! Told him our message was better than a magnum bar and he gave us free ones!! haha Reminded me of Spain with Papa. He wasn't too open to our message, but he put the card in his truck :) 
Look familiar with Sista Allred? haha 

digital macro on a lil Geico. 
the cool thing to do out here.  
can I get a whoop whoop? 
cool spider 
The Grovers! 
Mas nubes





No comments:

Post a Comment