Monday, August 18, 2014

Tillyke med foedselsdagen! (aka Happy Birthday)

Psych, I'm going Danish speaking!! ;) haha so I'm 99% sure yall got pictures from the Grovers and the Larson's this week and you already know my new comp! Sista Kreiberg (still workin on the accent..). YES! She's the coolest and we couldn't be happier to be together!! Funny story.. The day I got to the mission home Sister Berry asked me if I was Danish because I looked so much like the Danish sister who had arrived a few weeks earlier! haha so it's been a joke for months and now we're finally comps.
I'm not even sure where to start this week but I'mma just dive in cause there's TONS! I'm in Lake Nona now and yes, I'm technically an english sister, but will get to go on exchanges with the spanish sisters as well so that'll be good. There isn't anyone Sister Kreiberg and I can't talk to here haha. Between her danish and german and my spanish which can sometimes help with portuguese and then of course the english.. we're set to conquer. So the coolest thing is that we're equally excited to share this message and to just give it our all!! The term "equally yoked" has new meaning in my life haha. From the second transfer meeting was over I've just felt like I'm running like a mad woman and it's stressful and whatever else, but I'm. SO. HAPPY! This week Sister Kreiberg and I have had a breakthrough. I've loved and enjoyed my mission thus far and that's the down right truth. But this week something happened where I've just consistently felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude to be here!! Its the funniest thing that missions are exhausting and frustrating and sometimes I feel like I'm so inadequate.. But it's the most beautiful, rewarding, joyous experience I could ever ask for. Sometimes I feel like the physical looks are really on a downhill haha but Im the most beautiful on the inside that I've ever been- don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm perfect by any means. But I'm being refined. So yeah, this week wasn't even a way successful week- we started out with one investigator having a date and getting pretty close and now his mama isn't sure she's ok with it. Then within the first 2 days and teaching 2 lessons that were so filled with the spirit and so directed to their needs to a super awesome mother and her 7 year old son, we had set solid dates with them, but then we received a text that she was having reservations and we haven't gotten in contact with her since.. We met a man (when we were supposed to be meeting with his son) that was oh so bitter about some trials he's had in his life recently that he believes there isn't a God. And if there is.. He aint happy with him. We spent 2 hours talking with him in his garage about God. Normally I would be stressed on time or frustrated with that kind of situation, but he sincerely wants to know and we felt a real need to help him. He went inside after a long period of time to grab something and Sister K and I turned to each other and both said, "I feel totally calm about this. We need to stay here". We basically tied everything to the BOM and in the end asked him to try it out. We knelt in his garage and he gave the prayer. At first he was maybe a lil sarcastic and through expressing his bitter feelings, he began to calm down and started to really ask if there was a God. This whole weekend we've been receiving inspiration for how we can best meet his needs. Ay church there was an incredible talk given about trials. Unfortunately he wasn't there.. but then we had a way cool fireside last night with Elder Hamula of the 70 there!!! It was so awesome! Recent converts shared their conversion stories and then when Elder. Hamula spoke he told how he truly came to know as a teenager and was super bold but lead by the spirit. I wish I could tell yall everything, i just don't have time. Slash, words are sufficient for all these expereiences haha. I can't wait for all the meetings this week (I never thought I would say such a thing haha). We have zone conference tomorrow and MLC on Wednesday! woo, should be a FEAST. 
Oh, also the other night was a movie night at the chapel and about 90 people came!! the spirit was RADIATING. A cute lil family stopped Sisdter K and I in the hall and asked us how we know Jesus visited the Americas. We taught them about the BOM and testified. That was a way cool idea and tons of people are interested!

Fun facts: we drive a mini van hahaha. Please picture two lil blondies in a mini van with a bike rack.
The man who plays Jesus Christ in the Testaments is my comp.'s sunday school teacher.
We ride bikes like no one's business in this area :) loooove it!
My birthday was the greatest eva. Thanks to all those who sent me cards and emails and packages!!!
Jeg elsker dig
(I love you)
Hermana Jackson
Melvin. How cool was HE?!!! 
itty bitty 
The Cortez family (refugees from Venezuela)!! I LOVE them! And their lil cinthia loves meee :) 
Kissimmee mission'ries 
My comp bought me a cake! 

Sista Moffitt- loves her 
Look who it is!!!!! lil cheater hahaha totally fine with it. 
the Grovers! 
Cutest lil thing. We instantly became friends here in LN. 


We celebrated :) Thanks for the fun stuff!! It was her birthday on the 9th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment